We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors; this policy sets out how we will treat your personal information.
1. What information do we collect?
We collect the following information via this website:
- your contact information and message if you choose to fill in our contact form;
- your name, email address, website (where applicable) and comment if you choose to use our blog comment form.
When we provide services, we want to make them easy to use, useful and reliable. Where services are delivered on the internet, this sometimes involves placing small amounts of information on your device, for example, computer or mobile phone. These include small files known as cookies.
You can manage these small files yourself. You can find out how to do this, and learn more about Cookies in general here.
Google Analytics sets cookies to help us accurately estimate the number of visitors to the website and what content is most popular. This helps to ensure that our website is responding to your needs in the best way possible. Google Analytics sets the following cookies:
- __utma (Expiry: 2 years)
- __utmb (Expiry: 30 minutes)
- __utmc (Expiry: At end of session)
- __utmz (Expiry: 6 months)
When you leave a comment on our blog, three cookies are set to store your name, email address and website. This is so that if you wish to leave another comment, you won’t have to re-type this information:
- comment_author_5b72c6951b7e1b624905197a8c3aa4dc (Expiry: A little under 1 year)
- comment_author_email_5b72c6951b7e1b624905197a8c3aa4dc (Expiry: A little under 1 year)
- comment_author_url_5b72c6951b7e1b624905197a8c3aa4dc (Expiry: A little under 1 year)
We use a technology called ‘Adaptive Images’ to display appropriately sized images across all screensizes. This sets a cookie to store your screensize:
3. Using your personal data
Personal data submitted on this website will only be used to administer the website, improve your browsing experience, provide news updates and deal with any enquiries made by you.
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights.
5. Security of your personal data
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
Of course, data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
6. Policy amendments
7. Your rights
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you. Provision of such information may be subject to the payment of a fee (currently fixed at £10.00). You may instruct us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes by email at any time. Please let us know if the personal information which we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.
8. Third party websites
The website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites.
10. Data controller
The data controller responsible for our website is Activinsights Ltd.